- In high school, I walked around all day with a curler in my hair and no one said a word.
- Something totally embarrassing fell out of my purse in plain view of people who should not have seen it!
- As a new driver, I hit a police officer on his way to work.
- I forgot where I parked at the mall and had to have security drive me around to find my car.
- Someone had to do the Heimlich maneuver on me when I choked at a fancy wedding.
I'd have to say that last one tops the cake!
Yes, there are so many times I definitely felt like a turkey!
This was the writing prompt given to students for this cute project idea shared by my teamies! We enlarged a turkey graphic, added a title, copied it on tan paper and added some writing pages behind it to create a flip book.
The kids loved posing for a picture in a goofy turkey hat. We glued the photos to the front.
If you don't own a turkey hat, you could make one like this for a photo prop:
Here's what one student had to say inside her booklet:
I feel like a turkey when I go sharpen my pencil and plop, I drop it in the trash!
(I hate when that happens because then I have to reach my arm in the can and fish it out!)
I do that too! :)
My personal favorite, and one that I hear often throughout the day,
I feel like a turkey when I call my teacher~mom!
You can download these freebie pieces from my Dropbox!
When have you felt like a turkey? Hee Hee!
This could be fun! Don't be shy!