Hey all my summer lovin' friends! Can you believe it's the end of June already? That means it's time for another Weekend Warrior linky party! This month we have a really great 3-2-1 theme planned! We hope you will read along and join in the fun!
I've decided that I must be a REALLY complicated individual because I actually had to think hard to come up with things to list here!
I wonder how much we have in common...
Here we go...
1. After 25 years in the classroom, the teacher me still feels like a brand new teacher every year for lots of reasons. I like to try out new things. I reflect on what works (and what bombed out) and I make changes. Maybe too many sometimes! I also like to continue to learn through reading blogs, books on best practices and by searching for new ideas on Pinterest.
2. I guess you could say that I'm a pretty serious teacher. In the classroom, I run a tight ship. I have very high expectations for work quality, behavior and attentive listening. I have perfected "the teacher look" and my students know that I mean business. But on the flip side, my students would say that I am funny and silly. During the day, we have tons of fun while we learn! Browse around the blog here later and you can see for yourself!
3. I always say I think I've seen it all and then some surprise comes along! There's never a dull moment in the classroom. I LOVE that! Over the course of my teaching career, I have seen many things change in the field of education. I don't worry too much about things. I just teach on...solid teaching strategies are timeless.
1. Although I am a teacher "celebrity", I have a hard time when boundaries blur between work and home life, you know?
You won't find many specific details about my life on the internet. I choose not to show tons of pictures of my family and I cringe at most every picture of myself, so that is a no-brainer!!!
I am also a closet blogger. Only a few of my closest friends at work know that I blog and I'm pretty sure they NEVER read it. Ha!
2. I am always searching for more... It's hard to describe because I'm not sure what MORE is exactly. This may be the reason why I have three walk-ins full of clothes!
1. Even though the thought of being out on the wide ocean and getting hit with a rogue wave or falling OVERBOARD scares me to death :), I think it would be amazing to take a Mediterranean cruise. Some of my relatives came from Croatia. I would love to go there someday.
Wouldn't that be the trip of a lifetime?
Well, thanks for stopping by today for my 3-2-1 bio! Feel free to tell us a bit about you in the comments section or add your blog post to the link up too! Just grab the images below. When you link up with us, be sure to link back to this post and use the Weekend Warriors button!
Now, head on over to see what the rest of these amazing teacher bloggers have to say about themselves!