Weekend Warriors:3-2-1 Teacher Bio {Linky}

Hey all my summer lovin' friends! Can you believe it's the end of June already? That means it's time for another Weekend Warrior linky party! This month we have a really great 3-2-1 theme planned! We hope you will read along and join in the fun! 


I've decided that I must be a REALLY complicated individual because I actually had to think hard to come up with things to list here! 

I wonder how much we have in common...
Here we go... 

1. After 25 years in the classroom, the teacher me still feels like a brand new teacher every year for lots of reasons. I like to try out new things. I reflect on what works (and what bombed out) and I make changes. Maybe too many sometimes! I also like to continue to learn through reading blogs, books on best practices and by searching for new ideas on Pinterest. 

2. I guess you could say that I'm a pretty serious teacher. In the classroom, I run a tight ship. I have very high expectations for work quality, behavior and attentive listening. I have perfected "the teacher look" and my students know that I mean business. But on the flip side, my students would say that I am funny and silly. During the day, we  have tons of fun while we learn! Browse around the blog here later and you can see for yourself!

3. I always say I think I've seen it all and then some surprise comes along! There's never a dull moment in the classroom. I LOVE that! Over the course of my teaching career, I have seen many things change in the field of education. I don't worry too much about things. I just teach on...solid teaching strategies are timeless. 

1. Although I am a teacher "celebrity", I have a hard time when boundaries blur between work and home life, you know?

 You won't find many specific details about my life on the internet. I choose not to show tons of pictures of my family and I cringe at most every picture of myself, so that is a no-brainer!!! 

   I am also a closet blogger. Only a few of my closest friends at work know that I blog and I'm pretty sure they NEVER read it. Ha! 

2. I am always searching for more... It's hard to describe because I'm not sure what MORE is exactly. This may be the reason why I have three walk-ins full of clothes! 

1. Even though the thought of being out on the wide ocean and getting hit with a rogue wave or falling OVERBOARD scares me to death :), I think it would be amazing to take a Mediterranean cruise. Some of my relatives came from Croatia. I would love to go there someday. 


 Wouldn't that be the trip of a lifetime? 

  Well, thanks for stopping by today for my 3-2-1 bio! Feel free to tell us a bit about you in the comments section or add your blog post to the link up too! Just grab the images below. When you link up with us, be sure to link back to this post and use the Weekend Warriors button!






 Now, head on over to see what the rest of these amazing teacher bloggers have to say about themselves!


12 comments:

  1. Your classroom sounds a lot like mine! I think that having high expectations and running a tight ship is important, but it's also just as important to have fun. And, you so right when you say to just keep on teaching. Things are always changing in this profession, so just keep plugging away and doing what you know works without stressing over the next thing (because in a year, it will change again anyway). Haha!

    Aimee
    Primarily Speaking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the teacher look! Mine works wonders, too! That balance between the look and the fun is so important. Thanks for the reminder to keep plugging away through the tough times. It can be a hard thing to remember when things get overwhelming. I hope you get to take that cruise. It sounds amazing!
    Andrea
    Always Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet friend, I LOVE how much we have in common! Tight Ships and EAGLE EYES when needed!!! LOVE that! After coming back from Italy last summer, Chris and I definitely want something Mediterranean to look forward to in a few years! LOVE the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think there is anything wrong with keeping your life private. Not many people I work with know I blog and I too know that they've never read it. Your classroom has structure and that is exactly how it should be. Love the idea of going on a cruise although it terrifies my husband!

    Marcy
    Saddle Up For 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tight ship…yep! Kids love and need structure. I'm with you on the privacy thing. Very few people know I blog and I just recently told these people. And I don't think anyone knows what I look like, which will make Vegas very interesting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad that more people believe in structure. There is a fine line between structure and not having fun. But there is nothing worse then seeing a class that has no structure and all fun. I definitely say work hard, play hard in my classroom and even my kindergarteners know what that means.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think my students feel the same way. I definitely mean business when we're learning, but they know what my expectations are. I don't mind us being silly and having fun if we're learning! Thanks for sharing :)

    Krisanna
    Simply Secondary

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's awesome that you are still changing things after teaching for so many years! I'm the same way, but I've only been teaching for 5. I love trying new things, especially if they will benefit my students.

    The Super Sparkly Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad I had the opportunity to link up with you today! It is very inspiring that you are still loving teaching and improving after 25 years. I hope I can be there someday!

    Ms. Winter's Wild West

    ReplyDelete
  10. We've got similar classroom styles and I think it's what works best. Very few people in real life know I run a blog as well. I get 'shy' when my friends come across it. I'm a closet blogger as well. :)

    ♥ Stephanie
    Fishing for Education Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like we run our classrooms very similar! :) I don't think there's anything wrong with keeping your blog life and real life separate! :)

    Sarah
    A Sunny Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  12. I consider myself to be a life-long learner too! And, I agree, maybe I want to do too many things!

    Sara :)
    The Colorful Apple

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...