Five for Friday Linky with Doodle Bugs Teaching!

Hello Everyone and happy Friday to all! I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for a Five for Friday of pure randomness about my sort-of scrambled up week! We started it and ended it with great classroom fun, so it's all good!


1.) Monday, of course, was our St. Patty's Day celebration!

This is what I wore. Green is not my color, so I love my black shamrock t-shirt!
It is a good old Target special. 


 Look at this cute little leprechaun! Some of the kids really got into the green theme!


2.) Tuesday I attended the last in a three-part PD series~ Classroom Instruction that Works. With conferences and report cards the same week, it was not  the best time to be gone, but we made fun of it and learned some new tricks! What I liked most about the training is that all of the strategies are research-based. This might be a good read over the summer while sitting by the pool. :)


3.) Wednesday was evening conferences. Every one was happy. Everyone was well-informed. Everyone was warm and fuzzy and so pleased with their child's progress. But we all know it doesn't always go that well so the stress level can be high! Some coworkers had very interesting conference stories. You just need to be prepared for anything! They all went out for a "debriefing afterward"! It helps to share. I'd love to hear one of yours!

I enjoy meeting with parents, but to be at school all day and back at night is absolutely exhausting! I never even turned on my computer that night. What does that tell you? I just flopped out and watched TV.

I am such a science nerd. I watch the weather channel programming for down time.  Have you seen the new series~ Raging Nature? I wonder if the series will be out on DVD. It would be great for a weather unit!


For conferences, I printed some cards for the parents to write out to their child while they waited. The kids were surprised with the note in the morning. This is always a really nice keepsake. I forgot to take a photo of my table display (rats) and cute leprechaun and Iditarod class books, but I had those out in the waiting area too.


4.) This was also spirit week for the kids. Because I was so focused on conferences, I neglected to take pictures of that too. Bad teacher. One I did photograph was wear a book cover day. Every student in the school sported an index card that they designed.



5.) Today, Friday, was a half day~ Yippee! 

There was a huge spread in the lounge with donuts, muffins and Tim Horton coffee from our awesome bosses! Wednesday, they treated us to a healthy yogurt bar, bagels and more coffee! We are so spoiled.  


Life is good after conferences! I think they should make a shirt like that!

All the kiddos got a good report. To reward them for their hard work this marking period, we had a lazy movie day watching The Jungle Book this morning~ complete with popcorn and fruit roll-ups! We picked up a big bag of ready to eat pocorn at Gordons. 

Here's a tip~ scooping it up and serving it in cups helps keep the mess to a minimum!


I hope I have not made you too hungry with all this talk about food! 
Aren't there just always so many great treats around at school? :) The lounge can be a dangerous place!

Conferences. Do you love them or loathe them? It has been an intense week, so I am so happy to be HOME, back to my blog and ready for a stress-free and fun weekend (with a bunch of errands and housework in between, but that's life!).

TGIF Friends! 







4 comments:

  1. Wow, that is so nice they treat you during conferences!! We get an occasional lunch, but that looks wonderful!! Have a great weekend!

    Aloha,
    Corinna (✿◠‿◠)
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lunch is great too! It's just nice to know that you are appreciated, isn't it! You have a great weekend too Corinna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that shirt! We are having to make up our conference day too since we used it as a make up day. I am not looking forward to it! Looks like you had an exciting week!
    Andrea
    Reading Toward the Stars

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your shirt! Conferences can be tricky! I really think it depends on the parent and their attitude about school and their child. I have a lot of IEP meetings coming up and some I'm not worried about while others I'm totally dreading!
    Found your blog through Five for Friday and I am your newest follower. Would love for you to head over and check out my blog! Missy TheAdventuresofAClassyTeacher

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...