New Year Craftivity and a Custom Classroom Decor Set

It was a lovely short, two day week for us after break because of the arctic blast. I think the class was still half asleep on the first day back and it was so calm! But... they were wide awake and all full of energy again by the second day!:)

We were horrified to come back after that long to reminders of Christmas crafting everywhere and needed a new bulletin board up ASAP! Down went the elves and up went a New Year writing project for our hallway MEGA BOARD for the month of January.

It was an impressive meeting of the minds in the ultimate display of teamwork to create, prep and craft in record time! We pieced together a favorite of my teammate Pam's favorite writing project with heads and mittens from my favorite January project, Miss Kindergarten Love's Winter Buddies to create these adorable peeker kids.


 The numbers were cut with the Ellison tool. We sparkled the covers up with sequence confetti (Ten only, just ten sequence children, PLEASE!... Less is more!) and gave our winter kids rosy cheeks with pink chalk!


The students set two goals, one for school and one for home. The writing is glued on the inside of the folded black paper.


The prompts say:

This year at school, I promise to ________
So I can ___________.
This year at home, I promise to ________
So I can ___________.

Prior to writing, we did some brainstorming with these cute freebie writing pages from Lori Rosenberg. Thanks Lori! These worked out great! 


What did you do to ring in the New Year with your kiddos? 

I'm really looking forward to a full week of getting back into a routine. We also begin our penguin unit, which is one of my favs! 

This week I'll be busy putting the finishing touches on the designs for a custom classroom decor set for a customer who wanted a unique look in a damask set. Here's a sneak peek:


  I think it's just oh, so pretty. 
The whole set contains different patterns and designs in black, white, pink and grey! 
I think I'll name it the Princess Ann in her honor! 

If you are ever in the market for a custom set, I'd be happy to work with you on the set of your dreams! 
The creative process takes about two weeks from start to finish. 

Tomorrow begins our first full week in FOREVER and I'm looking forward to getting back into a routine. We also start our penguin unit, which is one of my favs! 

Have a super start to your week!










1 comment:

  1. You are very welcome! Glad it worked out so well for you!
    Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...