September Currently and First Day Freebie Math Mats

There is so much to look forward to in September! Tomorrow we are back to school and there is lots of excitement (and some jitters too) about the first day! I can't wait for cooler, less humid days and trips to the cider mill! September is also my birthday month! Yay for September!

I'm joining in the fun with Farley for the September Currently! 


I have a one-track mind today as you can see~ School! :) You should join in too and let us know what's on your mind for this new month!

It's a really big day tomorrow for lots of reasons. My son goes to "the big house" (absolutely huge) we call it for his first day of 10th grade! I have some jitters for him and for myself as well. I NEVER sleep well the night before school. My clock is so out of whack. I've been staying up late this entire summer and that 5 AM alarm will be ugly for sure!I am looking forward to a fun first day with my new class and can't wait to meet them, so after my coffee I'll be good to go!

First Day Math Activity

One fun activity I always like to do on the first day of school involves some review with candy math!The kids just love anything with a sweet treat! I picked up some Skittles and will have my kiddos review ten pairs and use ten frames as a tool prior to our place value unit. I made these work mats for the littles to use!It's a freebie at both of my shops!


When I taught kindergarten and first grade, I brought out candies, bears and Unifix cubes for the kiddos to review patterning in the first few days of school. This is also a freebie for you to grab if you would like a copy for your students! 



I will post a few first week photos soon!
 Enjoy the holiday! :)



3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your first day and with your son's! We started last week! I'm your newest follower :)

    Danielle
    Carolina Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy happy birthday month!! I love birthdays :)

    And happy first day of school- I hope it all goes great!

    Cheers!
    Kelly Anne
    Appleslices4th.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your first day of school! Hope your school year is great!
    Wendy
    Read With Me ABC

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...