Attention Teachers Notebook Sellers!

I am basically a very private person (note the lack of pictures of myself here), but am considering going out on a limb and creating a video to present at Teachers Notebook Back to School Video Expo coming soon! YIKES! I don't know if I can bring myself to do it, but if you want to take a leap with me, let me know! There is an opportunity to bundle resources with other sellers too! Sample videos for those considering this will be posted  for viewing.

While looking into this a bit more, I decided to check out the new forums feature. I found some interesting info there and this was quite an eye-opener for me! If you are a seller on Teachers Notebook, be sure to read this from the admin!

 

By promoting TN in a variety of ways, in your blog, on Pinterest and in your document, you will be able to be a featured shop in the newsletter which will bring a lot of traffic your way and help you gain followers as you can imagine.

I have one Pinterest board for Teachers Notebook but belong to many group boards that Pin mainly from other places. We need more group boards for Teachers Notebook! I don't have a clue how to do this or I would start one myself! Anyone?

Another thing I learned~ you cannot have any other shop name with your TN shop name on the cover page of an item to be featured if it is different from one site to the next like mine is. I have some fixing to do!

I did not realize that the admin looks so carefully at all of those things mentioned in the link but it makes perfect sense. This is just some food for thought when creating and posting there if you want to be featured or have a featured item but also sell at another site. Consider making two separate files and labeling one TN as you name it and post that one without links to any other sites. :) Like the admin said~ that is only fair. I promote you and you promote me!

Why am I writing this? To help someone else avoid these newbie mistakes and save them from some work later on down the road!


I'd love to know what newbie mistakes you have made in the past that sellers can learn from. Like we tell our students, mistakes are O.K. and that is how we learn! :)
 

That's all for now! It is hot and tropical here today. I am off to head out to the water park to keep cool!  Be sure to join me on Friday for something special I am organizing with a few friends! Hope to see you then!




2 comments:

  1. Let's chat about the video. I am totally intimidated by it and was going to skip doing it because I have no idea where to start. I will read the info you posted more carefully too.
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't either but my son, who has made a few YouTube videos said he will teach me! Ha! When I figure it out, I'll share. I'm breaking out in a sweat just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...