April Currently ~ a First on the First!

Hi Friends! I've seen them, read them, laughed along at them, but haven't gotten in on the action until just today!It's a first for me on the 1st because I'm joining in the fun with Farley at Oh' Boy Fourth Grade and her long list of friends for the April Currently today!

Here it is:


I'm thinking~ "Why didn't I do this sooner?" This currently thing is lots of fun!  I have a little extra time this spring break (Yay!) to spend on fun and silly stuff and to share some things about me!


This week I am a mad mom on a mission to organize it, pitch it out, give it away, wash it, fold it, buy it, build it, fix it, change it, move it...whatever I normally do not have time for when school is in session! Thankfully, I've had lots of help from my family! Here's a snapshot of the hugely productive weekend. No need to pin! :)


TA DA!  My son's Easter gift was a much needed new computer work station. He's too old for the candy in a basket and egg hunt thing. Thankfully, he could help build it too!


 My sub sale project/mess: 

I've got less than a month until our enormous sub sale. We moved TV's, furniture, rugs, games, toys, books, exercise equipment, baby stuff (yes, I still have it), glassware, and just about everything in my house to the garage. My crew of helpers formed an assembly line and off it went! There are about ten 6 foot tables just like this one.

Stuff~ as far as the eye can see! What a job! We accomplished all of this on Easter Sunday after church and a button-busting feast at brunch.


Posting this is kind of embarrassing but some of you probably can relate. Really, I'm not a hoarder! Most of it's been neatly stored away. It's just one of those projects that is so overwhelming you don't know where to start. You know? 

 Most of these are my son's things he's outgrown but could not part with until now. For a a little incentive to say goodbye to it~ he gets to keep the money from the sale of his items. Everything that doesn't sell will be donated and will never be brought up or down another flight of stairs!

 Today I am the master day-after multi-tasker, cleaning up the mess that was made yesterday and listening to the humming of washer, dryer and dishwasher running at the same time while I break to blog.  Note my needing~ a maid and personal assistant!

I promise to have a fun spring break!

I'm not spending all of my break working! I had a fun-filled shopping and eating-my-way-around-town day on Friday. While I was out, I discovered some new favorite scents at Bath and Body Works that I'm loving!

For the coffee lover in me!


This candle smells so yummy! Just one whiff and I was sold. I bought a gelato one too that smells good enough to eat! They have a 2 for 22 deal going on.

I am absolutely in love with this Rio Rumberry body lotion! A hot buy at 5 dollars. If you have the chance to stop in, you should try out the tester!


I've got lots of fun local outings planned and many appointments to work in for the rest of the break, so that's all from me for a few days! I'm walking away from the computer this week and this is why...
Advice~ Whether you are blogging, creating, buying, selling or managing your store, it's very easy to get carried away and CROSS THE LINE! If you're like me you may catch yourself saying, "Just one more comment, just one more page to go, only one more beautiful new background set and one more font download and then I'll be done"... KNOW WHEN IT IS TIME TO QUIT! There's a fine line between hobby and addiction! Hehe!

Enjoy time spent with the people who mean the most to you making memories. That's what it's all about!

Have a wonderful week! Thanks for stopping by for my first "Currently"!








8 comments:

  1. I love Bath and Body Works too! Currently's are so much fun. Glad you joined!

    I could so use a personal maid! That would be wonderful! :)

    Rachel
    A-B-Seymour

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to try that LOTION! I'm your newest follower, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmm... I need to check out that coffee lotion. I bet it smells delicious! :)

    XO,
    Kelly Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute blog!! So glad you joined Currently. They are fun to read! WOW you did some cleaning! You must feel good!! Yummy candle! I LOVE coffee!! So glad to be following! Thanks for stopping by!!
    Gina
    Beach Sand and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to stop by Bath and Body Works now! Haven't been there in a while. I bet that Espresso candle smells delish!

    Bren P. @ The Teacher Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bren!I'm happy that you stopped by my blog! It does smell yummy! I love a good strong candle.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing! I found you on the April Currently! The dishwasher is a lifesaver! I too would like a maid to help every once and awhile.
    Come and check out my current Currently!
    Layla

    Fancy Free in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Layla!I'm glad that you found me! I'm really glad that I gave the currently a try. I'll be back for the May link up for sure! I'm heading over to check out your blog too! Hope to see you back again!

      Delete

Comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...